Salary: £17,680 – £18,785 with additional incentives/bonuses
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Transport: Full driving license required
Hours of work: Full time
Experience: A proven record of carrying out Gardening to a high standard.
We are pleased that due to continued growth we need a Professional Gardener to become an integral part of our team. The successful candidate will be required to work with a small team of gardeners as well as manage an apprentice.
You will be at the main base for 7:00 am (ST4 3PE), Monday to Thursday we aim to leave the last job at 4pm and on Fridays, we leave the last job at 3 pm.
As a gardener, you will be knowledgeable not only about shrubs and trees but also lawn care and associated tasks such as scarification, aeration and top dressing.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture OR NVQ Level 2 in Landscaping OR a proven record of maintaining grounds to a high standard & that you have practical experience within a similar role.
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Be physically fit.
- Personally motivated.
- Good motivational skills.
- Good general plant knowledge and will be able to identify a minimum of 60 Trees or/and Shrubs or/and Perennials or/and Annuals.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- A good amount of practical experience within a similar role – including mowing, strimming and hedge cutting to a high standard.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Effective communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience – preferred but not essential.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety with respects gardening and landscaping.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses
Job Type: Full-time
Ideally, we would like you to be experienced in gardening however aptitude and attitude are the most important thing to us here, if you like to succeed, enjoy a challenge working to a very high standard then JHPS Gardens Ltd is the place for you.
- Look for opportunities to increase knowledge
- Enjoy keeping fit
- Always look for ways to exceed a customer’s expectations
- Treat others how you would like to be treated
- Want to progress up the career ladder
- Are able to use the relevant equipment with little guidance, hedge cut, mow, strim and hoe efficiently as per the quote
- Listen to others for inspiration
- Will show loyalty
- Recognise your talent and experience
- Help you to have a good life
If you think you can bring the ‘Wow Factor’ to our company, send us your CV and covering letter today! For the attention of Marianne Gibson to: firstname.lastname@example.org