There are a few things that you still need to do, with regards to winter preparation, in your garden in order to ensure that the garden is protected as much as possible. Here’s a few things to consider in advance before it’s too late:
- Make sure that your trees are all tied up ready for the colder months to ensure that they do not suffer from the elements.
- Give your greenhouse a good clean out so that you have happy plants over the next few months.
- Keep any eye out for young trees especially during the winter as the wind can cause them to snap from force.
- Tie your Conifers up during the winter weather as it can cause the branches to break and bend. Snow may not be a problem at the moment but if it does snow in the upcoming months then the weight of the snow and ice will put pressure on your Conifers and could seriously damage them.
- Don’t be too late in taking your containerised plants inside to ensure that they survive through the bitter cold months.
It has been brilliant over the last few weeks watching all of the autumnal colours appearing in our regular client’s gardens. It’s amazing how different your garden can look depending on what season it is at the time. At the moment I’m sure that the trees and bushes in your garden are on fire – turning from their summer greens to bright oranges and reds.
If you need any help to get your garden ready for the cold, wintery months then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the JHPS team by calling: 01782 396 168 or e-mail: email@example.com.