Your October garden will need tending to this year. What to do? Here are some tips to help you on your way this month. By carrying out these jobs, your garden will be so much more healthy and happy and will look tidy for the month of October:
- Collect and throw away apples and pears infected by brown root.
- Plant up containers and pots with spring flowering bulbs and bedding plants (tulips)
- Dry out pretty seed heads for a unique indoor display.
- After Asters have flowered, lift and divide them.
- Invest in a cold frame, (buy or make). These help to protect half hardy plants and cuttings if there is a sudden dip in temperature.
- Prune climbing roses and tie stems for extra support against high winds.
We hope you have enjoyed this article and you now know what needs to be done in your garden, so that it is kept looking neat and tidy over the winter months. If you would like any advice or you would like JHPS to do a one off tidy up before the winter is here, have a look at our website or please contact us on:
Free Phone: – 0800 093 7926
Head Office: – 01782 396168
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org