Job Role: Bricklayer – Required for immediate start.
Area: Staffordshire ST4 3PE
Experience: is essential with the ability to lay 500-800 bricks a day. Experience in laying flags, groundworks, fencing and decking would be advantageous. You will be working with great teams so a motivated, positive attitude is also a must!
Work Hours: Between the hours of 7 am – 5 pm.
As a professional bricklayer, you would predominantly work on landscaping projects as well as carry out any required bricklaying. You will be expected to be able to work within a team and follow direction when needed but also lead as necessary where required.
- It is essential that you have practical experience within a similar role, able to lay 500-800 bricks a day and include laying flags, fencing, decking and grounds work.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Bricklaying or equivalent Or a proven record of carrying out bricklaying on a variety of projects to a high standard.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety with respects to gardening and landscaping.
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- First Aid Level 2 trained – Preferable
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience – preferred but not essential.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Personally motivated and able to motivate others.
With an early start of 6.55am we like to miss that morning traffic which means our team have usually finished work for the day and are home by 5pm to allow you to have more time to enjoy the things that we work so hard for. On a Friday, we aim to leave the last job at 3pm, we wash the vans and close down that little bit earlier to make the most of the weekend. With 5 different teams, we have an excellent team spirit that we would like you to be a part of.
Our company core values are very important to us and they are at the heart of everything we do. These core values set a standard that we all work towards, creating a great work environment and providing our clients with the best service possible.
Client Focus – we put the customer at the forefront of everything that we do;
The Butterfly Effect – we think before we act and we make a difference;
The Golden Rule – we treat others as we would wish to be treated.
Remuneration & Job stability
We know getting paid well is important for our colleagues, because of this we aim to pay in the top bracket for every level within our company. Furthermore, our colleagues have total clarity on what they need to do to achieve their next wage increase by having clear targets set for them. This way you can progress at a rate that suits you and know you will be rewarded financially for it. Furthermore, over the last three years as an average, every employee has had their wage increased by 17% Due to our continued growth this has meant that we have never had to let a member of staff leave due to a lack of work. Our team know that as long as they do a great job, their job is guaranteed.
Due to our continued expansion, we are looking to recruit for an experienced Bricklayer to join our existing Landscaping teams. If we have ticked all of your boxes so far, please get in touch to find out more about the role, practical experience in this is area is essential with the ability to lay 500-800 bricks a day. Experience in laying flags, groundworks, fencing and decking would be advantageous. You will be working with great teams so a motivated, positive attitude is also a must!
If you are interested in working as a Brick Layer for JHPS Gardens Ltd, please submit your C.V. and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org