Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 with additional incentives/bonuses
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Transport: Full driving license required – company van supplied (travel expenses reimbursed)
Hours of work: 42.5 hours
Experience: Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture/NVQ level 2 in Landscaping OR a proven record of landscaping and maintaining grounds to a high standard.
We are excited to announce we have an opportunity for a professional team leader to become an integral part of the JHPS Ltd organisation within the Landscaping department. The successful candidate will be required to work with a small team of landscape gardeners as well as manage a team of apprentices. You will be at the main base for 6.55am and we work within a 45-minute radius of ST4 3PE, however you may occasionally have to travel further afield.
As a Team Leader and Professional Landscaper, you will be knowledgeable in all areas of landscaping and experienced in leading a small team.
You be expected to:
- Lead by example
- Report to work on time dressed in workwear including safety boots/safety trainers with H&S bag fully equipped with all P.P.E.
- Promote and follow the company CORE values and Brand Promises
- Ensure all materials, tools, equipment and waste are stored and/or disposed of correctly.
- Ensure that the van is ready for leaving the unit by 7am each morning.
- Ensure safe working practice is undertaken and red folder guidelines are adhered to, considering Health and Safety at all times.
- Monitor team members to follow the above points and address if not doing so.
- General knowledge of a minimum of 60 plants.
- Attention to detail is imperative in all aspects of the job.
- Ensure that jobs are completed first time every time and on time so that no complaints or repeat visits occur.
- Give instructions to your team with timelines, this is applicable in the unit as well as onsite.
- Continually train and develop your team to be the best that they can be.
- Ensure that the team respect all tool and equipment including the van and treat it as their own.
- Accountable for all van inventories.
- Report any issues/concerns immediately to the office.
- Engage with team members on a daily basis, before, during and towards job completion.
- Guide and support to ensure that jobs are completed as per quote within the allotted timescale and with 100% customer satisfaction. This role is hands-on.
- Professional approach in all dealings with the client and whilst on their property.
- Represent the company as one team.
- Be available for onsite and office team members for assistance/guidance.
- Liaise and develop a positive relationship with Operations Co-Ordinator to ensure the smooth running /delivery of job/projects.
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve when required to be cost and time effective.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture/NVQ level 2 in Landscaping OR a proven record of landscaping and maintaining grounds to a high standard.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- PA1 & PA6
- First Aid Level 2
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Be physically fit.
- Personally motivated.
- Good motivational skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- A substantial amount of practical experience within a similar role – including laying flags, erecting fencing, decking and grounds work.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Effective communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience – preferred but not essential.
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety with respects to gardening and landscaping.
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards environmental, conservation and efficiency aspects of our business.
- You will want to promote JHPS Ltd social media and in your general day to day affairs.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses
- A great work/life balance
If you are interested in working as a team leader for JHPS Gardens Ltd, please submit your C.V. and application in writing, for the attention of Miss Marianne Gibson to: email@example.com