Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 with additional incentives/bonuses
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Transport: Full driving license required – company van supplied (travel expenses reimbursed)
Hours of work: 42.5 hours
Experience: Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture/NVQ level 2 in Landscaping OR a proven record of landscaping and maintaining grounds to a high standard.
We are excited to announce we have an opportunity for a professional landscaper / team leader to become an integral part of the JHPS Ltd organisation. The successful candidate will be required to work with a small team of landscape gardeners as well as manage a team of apprentices. You will be at the main base for 6.55am and we work within a 45-minute radius of ST4 3PE, however you may occasionally have to travel further afield.
As a Team Leader and Professional Landscaper you will be knowledgeable in all areas of landscaping and experienced in leading a small team.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture/NVQ level 2 in Landscaping OR a proven record of landscaping and maintaining grounds to a high standard.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- PA1 & PA6
- First Aid Level 2
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Be physically fit.
- Personally motivated.
- Good motivational skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- A substantial amount of practical experience within a similar role – including laying flags, erecting fencing, decking and grounds work.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Effective communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience – preferred but not essential.
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety with respects to gardening and landscaping.
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards environmental, conservation and efficiency aspects of our business.
- You will want to promote JHPS Ltd social media and in your general day to day affairs.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses
- A great work/life balance
If you are interested in working as a team leader for JHPS Gardens Ltd, please submit your C.V. and application in writing, for the attention of Miss Marianne Gibson to: firstname.lastname@example.org