Full Time Operations Assistant
Job Role: Operations Assistant
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: Standard hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm.
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service – up to 33 days.
With three rapidly expanding companies running from the same office, this role is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to progress and develop. The parent company, Harker’s Estates Ltd, looks after a large property portfolio of both commercial and residential. JHPS Gardens Ltd is a professional gardening and landscaping company which prides itself on a high standard of work and excellent customer service. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd deals with the remediation of invasive weeds – in particular, Japanese Knotweed which is one of the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world.
About the role:
The Operations Assistant is an essential part of all three companies. Primarily, this will involve providing assistance to the Operations Co-Ordinator including ordering materials, scheduling of work and co-ordination of the onsite staff. You will also work towards promoting the companies through a variety of mediums, including digital media and physical. As you progress within your role and gain more knowledge about the companies you will be given the opportunity to grow within the company. These opportunities will increase in line with the growth of the companies – which will be directly influenced by you – making the potential for growth limitless for the right candidate.
Duties will include;
- Providing assistance to the Operations Coordinator
- Ordering Materials
- Communicate with customers via Email, Phone, Letter
- Update the in house system with notes
- Answer phone calls
- Type up quotes
- Communicate with the onsite teams
- Take receipt of goods
- Arrange for repairs
- Assist the other Secretaries
- Respond to emails
- Writing quotations
- Binding documents
- Attend Networking Events
This list is not exhaustive and your responsibility may change to suit the needs of the business.
- Minimum 9 GCSE’S A* – C Grade (including English, Maths and ICT)
- You will be well presented and respectful.
- Self-Motivated and able to motivate others.
- Efficient and well organised.
- Work to a high standard, showing attention to detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards, efficiency aspects of the company.
- You will want to promote the companies using social media and in your general day to day affairs.
- Experience using mainstream social media platforms, as well as email and the internet.
- An interest in marketing – both digital and print.
- Problem Solving skills
As you will be working amongst other staff in the office it is important that you can work well as part of a team and are willing to help and support other members. As one of your most important aspects of your role will be answering the phone, it is crucial that all calls are answered and dealt with professionally and efficiently.
Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career. We’ll give you all the training, support and continued professional development that you need, and actively promote a positive work/life balance.
Please submit your C.V. and Cover Letter via email, for the attention of Mrs C Delaney.