Professional Qualified Gardener
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Transport: Full driving license required – required in order to drive company fleet vehicles.
Hours of work: Mon – Fri (7:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Experience: Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture OR a proven record of maintaining grounds to a high standard.
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000
As a professional Garden maintenance and Landscaping company our niche market is maintaining grounds and landscaping to a very high standard. With 80% of our work coming from recommendation and repeat business, customer satisfaction is vitally important to us. To that end all our work is carried out to the highest standards to ensure 100% customer satisfaction!
We are excited to announce we have an opportunity for a professional gardener to become an integral part of our company. The successful candidate will be required to work to a high standard and have all the skills listed below. You will be at the main base for 6.55am and we work within a 45 minute radius of ST4 3PE, however you may occasionally have to travel further afield.
As a professional gardener you will be knowledgeable not only about shrubs and trees but also lawn care and associated tasks such as scarification, aeration and top dressing.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture OR a proven record of maintaining grounds to a high standard.
- Extensive general plant knowledge with the ability to identify a minimum of 50 Trees or/and Shrubs or /and Perennials or / and Annuals.
- A good amount of practical experience within a similar role – including mowing, strimming and hedge cutting to a high standard.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety with respects gardening and landscaping.
- PA1 & PA6
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Be physically fit.
- Personally motivated.
- Good motivational skills
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards environmental, conservation and efficiency aspects of our business.
- You will want to promote the company’s social media and in your general day to day affairs.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses
- A great work / life balance
If you are interested in working as a professional gardener for our company please send a cover letter and your CV to Miss Marianne Gibson at email@example.com