Wages: £20,000 – £22,000 additional incentives/bonuses available and the potential to progress to Team Leader for the right candidate.
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Transport: Full driving license required – required in order to drive company fleet vehicles.
Hours of work: Mon – Fri (7:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Experience: Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture OR NVQ level 2 in Landscaping OR a proven record of landscaping to a high standard.
We are excited to announce we have an opportunity for a professional landscape gardener to become an integral part of JHPS Gardens Limited. The successful candidate will be required to work to a high standard and have all the skills listed below. You will be at the main base for 6.55am and we work within a 45 minute radius of ST4 3PE, however you may occasionally have to travel further afield. You will be paid from when you clock in at the base in the morning until you clock out at night.
As a professional landscape gardener you would predominantly work on landscaping projects, you may however be required to carry out garden maintenance as required. As such, we would expect you to be experienced in landscaping with a little knowledge of garden maintenance.
- It is essential that you have practical experience within a similar role. This must include laying flags, fencing, decking and grounds work.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Amenity Horticulture OR NVQ level 2 in Landscaping OR a proven record of landscaping to a high standard.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety with respects to gardening and landscaping.
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- First Aid Level 2 trained – Preferable
- PA1/PA6 qualified – Preferable
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience – preferred but not essential.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Personally motivated.
- Good motivational skills
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards environmental, conservation and efficiency aspects of our business.
- You will want to promote JHPS Gardens Limited social media and in your general day to day affairs.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses,
- Team events/outings on a bi-annual basis.
If you are interested in working as a landscape gardener for JHPS Gardens Ltd, please submit your C.V. and application in writing, for the attention of Miss Marianne Gibson to: firstname.lastname@example.org