HR and H&S Advisor
Job Role: Permanent Full-Time HR and H&S Advisor
Salary: Starting at £20,000 – £25,000, plus benefits.
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: Standard hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm.
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service – up to 33 days.
With four rapidly expanding companies running from the same office, this role is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to progress and develop. The parent company, Harker’s Estates Ltd, looks after a large property portfolio of both commercial and residential. JHPS Gardens Ltd is a professional gardening and landscaping company which prides itself on a high standard of work and excellent customer service. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd, deals specifically with invasive weeds in particular Japanese knotweed, a weed in the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world. ProHort Ltd a Technical Landscape Design company for the horticultural industry. There are currently twenty-eight people employed within the group which is based in Stoke-on-Trent.
About the role:
The HR and H&S Advisor role is an essential part of all 4 companies. Working closely with the senior management to help develop existing staff through coaching and mentoring sessions and external training. You will be responsible for the recruitment process and ensure that the companies are compliant with all HR and H&S legislation.
Duties will include;
- Work closely with all managers and team leaders ensuring that they understand and are compliant with our processes
- Promote a happy working environment for all staff
- Assist in the development of a performance driven culture
- Communicate precisely in a timely manner.
- Prepare all documentation for new and existing staff: Job scorecards, Contracts, Training schedules
- Implement the Rockefeller habits
- Development of strategy, systems and processes
- Creating adverts for recruitment and posting these on job boards as required
- Assist with interviewing
- Induct all new staff
- Look for ways to improve staff development
- Carry out and arrange development reviews
- Proactive – Coaching and Mentoring of staff
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Manage people-related issues effectively, consistently and fairly
- Take the lead on arranging and carrying out disciplinary meetings
- Complete monthly HR reports on Attendance, Sickness, Staff Turnover
- Attend and take the lead in the Weekly HR meetings with the Directors
- Carry out H&S checks
- Ensure all staff are compliant with H&S legislation
- Attend H&S Quarterly Meetings
- Identify skill gaps and arranging relevant training
- Make recommendations on how the training budget should be spent
- Arrange relevant training
- Integrity, honesty and have an excellent work ethic.
- 9 A* – C GCSE’s, including Maths and English.
- A pragmatic approach to decisions, whilst also being able to balance risk.
- Self-motivated and driven for the betterment of the group and its interests.
- Results driven.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to be diplomatic and tactful, yet forceful when necessary.
- Good computer skills;
- A positive attitude;
- Problem solving skills;
- Adaptable – to ensure targets are achieved;
- Be able to plan and ensure all personal deadlines are met
- Available out of standard working hours in an emergency to communicate by phone with the Directors – from 6am until 10pm.
- Be able to prioritise work effectively, carrying out additional hours when necessary and meeting any given deadlines;
- Appreciate the need for confidentiality;
- Work well under stress;
- A full driving licence;
- Working towards or interested in attaining a CIPD qualification.
As you will be working amongst other staff in the office it is important that you can work well as part of a team and are willing to help and support other members.
We are delighted to be able to offer great career development opportunities, with a strong and proven record of nurturing talent and promoting from within. The role will be challenging but we are here to support you in any way we can!
As part of a larger group of companies we are able to offer great benefits to our employees; including colleague pension, childcare vouchers, competitive rates of pay, along with other opportunities and benefits.
Please submit your C.V. via email to email@example.com for the attention of Mrs C Delaney.