Business Development Assistant
Job Role: Permanent Full-Time Business Development Assistant
Salary: £17,680.00 – £18,674.50, plus benefits.
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: Standard hours are between 8.00am to 5.30pm. 42.5 hours per week.
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service – up to 33 days.
With four rapidly expanding companies running from the same office, this role is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to progress and develop – having a good attitude and aptitude to learning new things is everything to us. The parent company, Harker’s Estates Ltd, looks after a large property portfolio of both commercial and residential. JHPS Gardens Ltd is a professional gardening and landscaping company which prides itself on a high standard of work and excellent customer service. ProHort Ltd a Technical Landscape Design company for the horticultural industry. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd deals with the remediation of invasive weeds – in particular, Japanese Knotweed which is one of the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world. There are currently twenty-four people employed within the group which is based in Stoke-on-Trent.
About the role:
The focus of the role is to support the Operations Director with a range of business development projects and to provide general administrative support.
Duties will include:
- Answering the phone in a polite and professional manner and screening phone calls;
- Dealing with incoming emails;
- Implementing and maintaining office systems and processes;
- Assisting with ongoing ISO management;
- Creating and assisting in presentations;
- Assist with the submission of awards nominations;
- Specific projects that will be assigned to carry out personally. These could include research and then presenting your findings to the Directors, with your recommendations on how to proceed.
- Meet and greet clients and colleagues, including organizing refreshments, meeting rooms and equipment as necessary;
- Travelling with the Directors to events, occasionally internationally.
- Utmost discretion and sensitivity around confidentiality.
- 9 A* – B GCSE’s, including Math’s and English.
- Self-motivated and driven for the betterment of the group and its interests.
- Results driven.
- Excellent communication skills: spelling, grammar and telephone skills
- Good computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point (production of high quality documents, reports and correspondence, diary and email management in Outlook);
- A positive attitude;
- Problem solving skills;
- Integrity, honesty and have an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work to deadlines and seeing the bigger picture.
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and proactively act on own initiative.
- Hardworking and calm under pressure
- Ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority.
As you will be working amongst other staff in the office it is important that you can work well as part of a team and are willing to help and support other members.
Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career. We’ll give you all the training, support and continued professional development that you need, and actively promote a positive work/life balance.