Personal Assistant to the Directors
Job Role: Permanent Full-Time Personal Assistant to the Directors.
Salary: Starting at £25,000, plus benefits.
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: Standard hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm.
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service – up to 33 days.
With three rapidly expanding companies running from the same office, this role is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to progress and develop. The parent company, Harker’s Estates Ltd, looks after a large property portfolio of both commercial and residential. JHPS Gardens Ltd is a professional gardening and landscaping company which prides itself on a high standard of work and excellent customer service. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd deals with the remediation of invasive weeds – in particular, Japanese Knotweed which is one of the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world. There are currently twenty six people employed within the group which is based in Stoke-on-Trent.
About the role:
Positioned directly below the Directors, the Personal Assistant’s (PA) role is a varied one, with a range of different tasks and responsibilities, making each day different from the next. The primary role of the PA is to support the Directors in a professional and confidential manner. They will also carry out a range of administrative duties, in an efficient manner, to ensure that the Directors are able to concentrate on the continued growth of the companies, of 20% year on year.
Duties will include;
- Answering the phone in a polite and professional manner and screening phone calls;
- Dealing with incoming emails;
- Writing detailed quotations.
- Using a CAD program to produce drawings that can be sent to the client – training can be given but a natural aptitude to using computers would be good.
- Implementing and maintaining office systems and processes;
- Assisting with ongoing ISO management;
- Supporting the HR department;
- Arranging travel;
- Attending networking events;
- Travelling with the Directors to events, occasionally internationally;
- Creating and assisting in presentations;
- Dealing with private correspondence for the Directors;
- Organising the Directors’ diaries including making appointments;
- Liaising with other employees, suppliers and clients;
- Specific projects that will be assigned for the PA to carry out personally. These could include research and then presenting your findings to the Directors, with your recommendations on how to proceed.
- Assisting in Directorial and Managerial decision making.
- Integrity, honesty and have an excellent work ethic.
- 9 A* – C GCSE’s, including Maths and English.
- A pragmatic approach to decisions, whilst also being able to balance risk.
- Self motivated and driven for the betterment of the group and its interests.
- Results driven.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to be diplomatic and tactful, yet forceful when necessary.
- Good computer skills;
- A positive attitude;
- Problem solving skills;
- Adaptable – to ensure targets are achieved;
- Be able to plan and ensure all personal deadlines are met, whilst also assisting the Directors and other personnel to meet their deadlines;
- Available out of standard working hours to communicate by phone with the Directors – from 6am until 10pm.
- Be able to prioritise work effectively, carrying out additional hours when necessary and meeting any given deadlines;
- Appreciate the need for confidentiality;
- Work well under stress;
- A full driving licence.
As you will be working amongst other staff in the office it is important that you can work well as part of a team and are willing to help and support other members.
Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career. We’ll give you all the training, support and continued professional development that you need, and actively promote a positive work/life balance.
For more information about the vacancy, or to apply for the role, please visit the Harker’s Estates website here.