Job Role: Design and Marketing Assistant
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 Depending on experience
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: Standard hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm.
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service – up to 33 days.
With four rapidly expanding companies running from the same office, this role is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to progress and develop. The parent company, Harker’s Estates Ltd, looks after a large property portfolio of both commercial and residential. JHPS Gardens Ltd is a professional gardening and landscaping company which prides itself on a high standard of work and excellent customer service. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd deals with the remediation of invasive weeds – in particular, Japanese Knotweed which is one of the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world. ProHort offers a range of technical horticultural services including landscape design, tree surveys, soil analysis and expert witness reports.
About the role:
The design and marketing assistant role is an essential part of all four companies. You will work towards promoting the companies through a variety of mediums, including digital media and physical. As you progress within your role and gain more knowledge about the companies you will be given the opportunity to grow within the marketing & business development department. These opportunities will increase in line with the growth of the companies – which will be directly influenced by you – making the potential for growth limitless for the right candidate.
Duties will include;
- Using a variety of different methods to promote the companies and their services, including social media;
- Design and create company visuals, including graphics for the website and other marketing materials;
- Upkeep and updating of the company websites;
- Coordination and creation of company videos;
- Identifying and implementing new marketing ideas;
- Offer creative input and suggestions when required;
- Oversee adhoc marketing projects to ensure they are completed within deadlines;
- Communicating with external service providers for any marketing needs;
- Assist in providing necessary market information and any other facts required for marketing meetings;
- Assist in the implementation of SEO strategies [training will be provided if required];
- Coordinating the annual delivery of company leaflets and other physical marketing materials;
- Write articles for 2 local newspapers and for the company websites;
- Analyse Google analytics for each of the company website [training will be provided if required];
- You may be required to attend networking events on behalf of the companies.
- Minimum 9 GCSE’S A* – C Grade (including English, Maths and ICT)
- You will be well presented and respectful.
- Self-Motivated and able to motivate others.
- Efficient, well organized and able to manage your time to achieve deadlines.
- Experience in project management. [preferred but not required]
- Work to a high standard, showing attention to detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in creative writing would be advantageous.
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards, efficiency aspects of the company.
- You will want to promote the companies using social media and in your general day to day affairs.
- Experienced in graphic design, photography & videography.
- Experience preferred in the use of photoshop and word and press.
- Experience using mainstream social media platforms, as well as email and the internet.
- Preferred but not essential – SEO and Google analytics.
- A genuine interest in marketing – both digital and print.
As you will be working amongst other staff in the office it is important that you can work well as part of a team and are willing to help and support other members. As one of your most important aspects of your role will be answering the phone, it is crucial that all calls are answered and dealt with professionally and efficiently.
Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career. We’ll give you all the training, support and continued professional development that you need, and actively promote a positive work/life balance.
Please submit your C.V. via email, for the attention of Marianne Gibson at HR@JHPS-Gardens.co.uk