Full-Time Apprentice Office Junior
Job Role: Apprentice Office Junior
Qualification that will be achieved: Business Administration NVQ Level 2 to 4 depending on existing qualifications
Salary: Starting salary of £9,000.00, plus bonuses
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: Standard hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service.
A permanent position will be offered to the right candidate at the end of the apprenticeship.
With a core purpose of providing both our clients and employees with a good life, we work hard to nurture a sense of teamwork and loyalty with all of our staff – arranging numerous staff events and team building days throughout the year. We work hard to develop our staff through training and mentoring, helping them to grow with the company and become the best they can be.
Our Core Values
JHPS Gardens Ltd has three core values that are at the heart of everything we do. These core values set a standard that we all work towards, creating a great work environment and providing our clients with the best service possible. These core values help JHPS stand out as a leading Grounds Maintenance and Landscaping company.
The Client Focus
- We ensure that the client’s needs are at the forefront of what we do.
- We aim to exceed the client’s expectations and requirements.
- We are attentive to detail, reliable and demonstrate expert knowledge.
Actions Have Consequences
- We are aware that our actions have consequences.
- We make small changes to positively impact the overall.
- We think before we act and we make a difference!
The Golden Rule
- We treat our colleagues and clients as we would wish to be treated.
- We are honest and open with colleagues and clients.
- We treat everyone with loyalty and know that loyalty is a two-way street.
Do you agree with all of the above? If you answered ‘Yes’ to all of the above, JHPS Gardens Ltd is the company for you!
This is not your usual office-based apprenticeship.
Would you be happy with just making tea, opening the post and filing? If the answer is ‘yes’ then this is not the job for you! We can offer you much more!v
This is a varied role, having input into each of the different companies and tackling a range of different tasks and projects throughout the year.
The correct person would be eager to progress and develop their career during the 2-year Apprenticeship scheme. As the apprenticeship will be personalised to you, this can easily be achieved within 12-18 months if you are driven to succeed. We are able to offer you a real insight into the overall running of a busy office working within a fantastic, dynamic and friendly team.
You will be trained in:
- Answering the telephone to deal with customers in every way;
- Generating Computer Aided Design (CAD);
- Writing in-depth, detailed quotes for works to be carried out;
- Filing /scanning;
- People management;
- Diary and schedule management;
- Business development;
- Advertising / Marketing;
- Product development.
This is not an all-inclusive list.
Depending on the successful applicant’s individual aptitude and qualities will depend on what we have them focus on during their training.
– A minimum of 5 GCSEs at A*-B including Maths and English;
– Good communication skills, both written and face to face;
– Computer literate;
– A good eye for the smallest detail;
– Passion and drive to achieve.
We are expecting a high level of interest for this position, so it is important that you stand out from the crowd…..why should we hire you?
- Your letter of introduction should have no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
- Dress appropriately for a professional environment.
- Research the four companies and our key personnel.
- A question we often ask is, what can you bring to our company? Have a well thought out answer ready as a reply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8,840.00 to £9,000.00 /year