Full Time Apprentice Office Junior
Job Role: Apprentice Office Junior
Qualification that will be achieved: Business Administration or Customer Service NVQ Level 2/3
Salary: Starting at £8,840.00, plus bonuses
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: Standard hours are 8.00am – 5.00pm
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service.
A permanent position will be offered to the right candidate at the end of the apprenticeship.
This is not your usual office based apprenticeship, the role is varied as there are four different rapidly growing companies running out of the same office. This is wonderful opportunity for someone looking to progress and develop. The parent company, Harker’s Estates Ltd, looks after a large property portfolio. JHPS Gardens Ltd its’ niche market is gardening and landscaping to a high standard, accompanied with excellent customer service. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd, deals specifically with invasive weeds in particular Japanese knotweed, a weed in the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world. ProHort Ltd a Technical Landscape Design company for the horticultural industry. There are currently twenty-eight people employed within the group which is based in Stoke-on-Trent.
You will be trained in:
- Answering the phone
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Writing quotes
- People management
- Diary and schedule management
- Business development
- Advertising / Marketing
- Product development
This is not an all-inclusive list.
Depending on the successful applicants individual aptitude and qualities will depend on what we have them focus on during their training.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at A*-C including Maths and English
- Good conversational skills
- A good eye for detail
We are expecting a high level of interest for this position so it is important that you stand out from the group.
- Your letter of introduction should have no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
- Dress appropriately for a professional environment.
- Research the companies and our key personnel.
- A question we often ask is, what can you bring to or company? Have a well thought out answer ready as a reply.