As a professional Garden maintenance and Landscaping company our niche market is maintaining grounds and landscaping to a very high standard. With 80% of our work coming from recommendation and repeat business, customer satisfaction is vitally important to us. To that end all our work is carried out to the highest standards to ensure 100% customer satisfaction!
About the role
As an apprentice gardener, you should be a hard worker, show a willingness to learn and be able to pick up new skills quickly. You will be able to follow direction from the team leader and be able to work well with the other members of the team, who work to a high standard. You will show an eagerness to gain a good knowledge in plant husbandry and landscaping.
You will work five days per week, and will be regularly monitored and assessed on site as part of your training.
You will be at the main base for 6.55am, upon which you will assist the team leader to load the company vans with the appropriate tools, supplies and then travel to the job. We work within a 45 minute radius of ST4 3PE but occasionally have to travel further afield.
Your main job will be Garden maintenance but you will also be expected as necessary to work on the Landscaping, Tree surgery and General maintenance teams.
You will be instructed in how to use a range of machinery and hand tools. To that end once training is completed you will be expected to be able to use them competently and safely. After a twelve week period we will expect you to be fully trained and ultra efficient in using all of the machinery and be able to work under the supervision of but not necessarily in close proximity to a team leader.
You will learn a minimum of five plants every week; this will include Latin names and additional information about them. Throughout the weeks you will gain extensive knowledge on how to identify, prune and through good plant husbandry keep gardens to the highest of standards. This will include not only shrubs and trees but also lawn care and associated tasks such as scarification, aeration and top dressing.
We will teach you how to lay flags, erect; fencing, decking and other associated landscaping tasks.
- Full driving licence.
- If not you will be expected to achieve this within six months.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- Be a hard worker.
- Have an eagerness to learn new skills quickly and efficiently.
- Work well within a team.
- Be able to follow direction from the team leader correctly and efficiently.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Be physically fit.
- Personally motivated.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards environmental, conservation and efficiency aspects of our business.
- You will want to promote JHPS Gardens Ltd through social media and in your general day to day affairs.
Salary & Training
Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career. We’ll give you all the training, support and continued professional development you need, and we appreciate that work/life balance is important. As such an excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses are available to the right candidate. Salary is between £125.00 and £200.00 per week. Once qualified our standard gardeners go on to £225.00 to £325.00 per week.
Please submit your C.V. and application in writing, for the attention of Mrs E Candlin to: email@example.com.