Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 with additional incentives/bonuses
Location: ST4 3PE Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Transport: Full driving license required
Hours of work: Full Time
Experience: A proven record of professional gardening and maintaining grounds to a high standard.
We are pleased that due to continued growth we are looking to expand our Garden maintenance team by bringing in a new Team leader, to take the place of the previous leader, who has been promoted. The successful candidate will be required to work within a small team of three gardeners one of which may be an apprentice and you will be expected to teach and help the apprentice develop.
Start time 06:55 at ST4 3PE Monday – Thursday leave the last job at 4pm, Friday leave the last job at 3pm.
As a Team Leader and a Professional Gardener, you will be hands-on and knowledgeable in all areas of gardening and experienced in leading a small team.
An example of some of the duties expected:
- Ensure that the van is ready for leaving the unit by 7am each morning.
- Ensure safe working practice is undertaken.
- Attention to detail is imperative in all aspects of the job.
- Continually train and develop your team to be the best that they can be.
- Ensure that the team respect all tool and equipment including the van and treat it as their own.
- Guide and support team members to ensure that jobs are completed as per quote within the allotted timescale and with 100% customer satisfaction. This role is hands-on.
- Professional approach in all dealings with the client and whilst on their property.
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve when required to be cost and time effective.
- A proven record of professional gardening and maintaining grounds to a high standard.
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Be physically fit.
- Personally motivated.
- Good motivational skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- A substantial amount of practical experience within a similar role – including mowing, strimming, weeding and hedge cutting to a high standard.
- A good general plant knowledge and will be able to identify a minimum of 50 Trees or/and Shrubs or/and Perennials or/and Annuals.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Effective communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience – preferred but not essential.
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety with respects to gardening and landscaping.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses
- A good work/life balance
If you are interested in working for JHPS Gardens Ltd, please submit your C.V. and application in writing, for the attention of Miss M Gibson to: firstname.lastname@example.org