Salary: £22,000-£25,000 a year
Location: ST4 3PE Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Transport: Full driving license preferred
Hours of work: Full time
Experience: A proven record of carrying out bricklaying on a variety of projects to a high standard.
We are pleased that due to continued growth we need a professional bricklayer to become an integral part of our team. The successful candidate will be required to work with a small team of landscapers.
You will be at the main base for 7:00am (ST4 3PE), Monday to Thursday we aim to leave the last job at 4pm and on Fridays we leave the last job at 3pm.
As a professional bricklayer, you would predominantly work on landscaping projects as well as carry out any required bricklaying. You may also be asked to assist in the training of an apprentice. You will be expected to be able to work within a team and follow direction when needed but also lead as necessary where required.
- It is essential that you have practical experience within a similar role, able to lay 500-800 bricks a day and include laying flags, fencing, decking and grounds work.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Bricklaying (or equivalent), or a proven record of carrying out bricklaying on a variety of projects to a high standard.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety with respects to gardening and landscaping.
- Full driving licence, ideally with a trailer licence.
- First Aid Level 2 trained – Preferable
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience – preferred but not essential.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Personally motivated.
- Good motivational skills
Successful candidates will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Training, support and continued professional development
- Excellent financial package with additional incentives and bonuses,
If you are interested in working as a professional landscape gardener for JHPS Gardens Limited send a copy of your CV and a cover letter detailing why you feel you have the relevant practical experience to Miss M Gibson on HR@JHPS-Gardens.co.uk.