Job Role: Permanent position, Full-Time or part-time Qualified Bookkeeper. Flexible hours available.
Salary: £22,000 – £28,000 f/t depending on experience. Pro-rata for part–time. Plus benefits.
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: 27 – 42.5 hours per week. Standard hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
28 days’ holiday per annum, plus one additional day per year of service – up to 33 days.
With three rapidly expanding companies running from the same office, this role is a wonderful opportunity. The parent company, Harker’s Estates Ltd, looks after a large property portfolio of both commercial and residential. JHPS Gardens Ltd is a professional gardening and landscaping company which prides itself on a high standard of work and excellent customer service, working primarily in the Midlands and North West but also further afield and even internationally. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd deals with the remediation of invasive weeds – in particular, Japanese Knotweed which is one of the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world and cover the whole of the UK.
About the role:
We are looking for an AAT qualified, or qualified by experience, Accountant. In your role you will be working closely with the Office Manager and the Directors to co-ordinate purchasing and incoming payments across the three companies.
Duties will include:
- Payment of purchase invoices;
- Paying in monies to the bank;
- Recording of all sales receipts;
- Purchasing of materials for the best price;
- Processing purchase invoices, agreeing costs to quoted prices, recording purchases to jobs;
- Credit control;
- Retrieve delayed payments by clients;
- Calculating and completing group VAT returns;
- Bank reconciliation for multiple bank accounts;
- Data analysis of clocking ins/outs for payroll;
- Payroll processing and payments;
- Production of management reports, profit and loss accounts;
- Production of KPIs on a weekly basis;
- Accounts completed ready for pass over to our external accountants.
- Minimum 9 GCSE’S A* – C Grade (including English, Maths and ICT)
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
- Familiar with Xero and Sage.
- Competent using Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable with intercompany transactions.
- Enhanced DBS checked – preferable.
- You will be well presented and respectful.
- Efficient and well organised.
- Time management skills.
- Work to a high standard, showing attention to detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
- Good communication skills with other members of the team, clients and suppliers.
- You will want to promote the companies using social media and in your general day to day affairs.
As you will be working amongst other staff in the office it is important that you can work well as part of a team and are willing to help and support other members.
Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career. We’ll give you all the training, support and continued professional development that you need, and actively promote a positive work/life balance.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Mrs C Delaney at firstname.lastname@example.org.